1864 is the year when STEYR was established. In that year Josef Werndl launches operation of his arms factory in Steyr, which also commences production of bicycles 30 years later.
In 1915 the first STEYR tractor and a year later the first STEYR automobile leave the plant.
In 1889 Puch &Comp. is established in Graz and soon becomes a successful producer of bicycles, motorcycles and automobiles.
Austro-Daimler is formed in 1899 and starts up automobile, bus and truck production at the beginning of the last century.
These three companies with a long tradition merge in 1934 to form STEYR-DAIMLER-PUCH AG, a major economic factor on the Austrian scene.
In the course of modern corporate development the individual divisions become independent in 1990 and strong new structures are thus created.
In 1996 STEYR Landmaschinentechnik AG is taken over by Case Corporation, one of the leading tractor manufacturers worldwide, and renamed CASE STEYR Landmaschinentechnik.
Since the merger of Case Corp. and New Holland to form CNH in November 1999, the brand STEYR is part of one of the largest manufacturers of agricultural equipment worldwide.
2006 Establishment of Case IH and STEYR European Headquaters in St.Valentin
2008 11.500 units produced in 2008
2010 launch of CVT ecotech series with even more environmentally friendly and powerful engine technology